Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pin Cushion Swap ~ What I made


I recently took part in a pin cushion swap hosted by Sew Far Sew Good and House of Pinheiro. My swap partner was the lovely and talented Keri of Two Little Flowers. I had so much fun coming up with this little pin cushion and all of the accessories! 



First off, I needle felted a little tree stump on a little green hill and attached it to the wood base. Well, actually I dyed the wool first then felted it... Then I decided to make a little snail out of oven bake clay and a real snail shell I found at the ocean last year.  (The snail idea is not originally mine, but I can't remember where I saw one like this. I saved a picture onto my computer for inspiration, thinking that someday I'd like to make one for myself, and I didn't put down were the idea came from... sorry! If anyone knows I'll edit to include the link!)
Isn't he adorable? 
The flower pins I made by gluing tiny beads onto pin heads.


And the little owl family and clay mushrooms are my own design. I shaped them from oven bake polymer clay, and pushed them onto pin heads. To hold them up while baking I cut a potato in half and pushed the pins into the potato, so they wouldn't warp by laying on the baking sheet while hardening. Not very elegant but it worked and it was free! When they were hard and cooled I painted them. 








My little photo stylist helping my arrange everything just so for the photo shoot. ;-)



I hope Keri enjoys her little pin cushion! Be sure to pop over to her blog Two Little Flowers to see what she sent me!
I'm also linking up with Nicole over at Frontier Dreams for her {Keep Calm, Craft On} link up!

12 comments:

  1. That has got to be one of the cutest pin cushions I have ever seen! Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I love it and all the little details!! Wow! Pinning for inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...the surprise is spoilt :) Am frustratingly still waiting for it to arrive. Maybe it is taking a world tour before landing on my sewing table?! I just love it! Thank you for taking so much time and effort to make it...I can not wait for it to land in my hands so that I can touch and feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every detail is incredible. I am not sure which bit I like the most. Maybe the owls, or the snail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet pin cushion. You have a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful! You are such a talented lady! I always find your work so inspiring!
    Renata :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very talented with all the different skills you've shown making this adorable pincushion. It's no wonder Keri enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails